SlingRings' goal is to bring you the highest quality rings possible. To ensure quality they submit their rings to rigorous testing. During the design phase they perform the following tests:
- Impact Testing
- Pull Testing
- Soaking in bleach and then a full washer/dryer cycle
- Freezing followed by additional impact testing
- Heating followed by additional pull testing
As part of the manufacturing stage they perform the following tests:
- Pull test each individual ring to 250 pounds
- 1 ring per batch pulled to destruction
- Periodic rings are sent for testing in an independent laboratory to verify crush and deformation testing
- Rings are also sent to testing agencies here and in other countries to verify heavy metal and toxin free
SingRings' rings and manufacturing process are RoHS compliant and lead and nickel free.
When you make a sling, choose your ring size based on the following four criteria:
- the weight/texture (or HAND) of the fabric
- the width of the fabric
- the shoulder style of the sling
- your personal preference for the balance between security and ease of adjustment.
Our small rings are best used with verylight weight, and/or very slippery fabrics. They are well suited to closed tail slings. If you plan to make your sling very narrow (22"-26") you might also want the small rings. The small rings tend to be very secure, though not as easy to adjust as the larger rings. They are also good for onbuhimos.
If you are using a medium weight fabric, in widths of 26 "-30", you might be more comfortable with the medium size rings. This is also true if you are planning on making an open tail sling, or if you are using the pattern from Sleeping Baby Productions. In general, the medium size rings will give you a sling that secure, but may not be as easy to adjust as the large rings if your fabric is on the thicker side. Many people prefer medium rings when making a single-layer dupioni or shantung silk sling, especially if it will be machine-washed, and they are best with a medium-weight linen.
If you are using a heavy weight (winter weight) or heavy nap fabric, a very wide fabric (30"-45"), or have just had difficulty adjusting your sling in the past, you may want our large size rings. The large rings have successfully been used on slings from Sling Me Mommy. They are preferred for double-layered slings of nearly any material.